Thursday, April 18, 2019

 

Political Mayhem Thursday: The Mueller Report

As I write this, I haven't read the Mueller report. I imagine that it will be a handful-- rumor has it that it runs to 400 pages. Of course, much of it will likely be redacted, and some of that page total may be attachments-- for example, copies of indictments that we have seen already.

When I do get to see it, here is what I will be looking for:

1) I'm first going to check out the structure of the document. My understanding is that it comes in sections with summaries at the beginning. If so, I will start by reading all of the summaries-- they will tell me what to look for in the body of the text.

2) In terms of the meat of it, I am most interested in the interviews they did and the findings they drew from them. After all, they talked to so many of the figures in the WH and its orbit: Sarah Sanders, for example, was just one of those questioned outside of the Grand Jury, meaning that her statements won't be redacted (at least for that reason).

3) I suspect that the acts consistent with obstruction of justice will be described in some detail (if they exist) and broken down by event. I will be eager to see that.

4) Regarding conspiracy with Russia, I suspect that the part of the report devoted to that will mostly contain things we already know. But I could be wrong....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#