Friday, April 19, 2019

 

Haiku Friday: What we read


Yesterday was a big day in my field: Robert Mueller released his report on Russian interference with the election in 2016 and possible obstruction of justice by President Trump and his associates. It was released while I was teaching class in the morning, and when I was done I raced to look it over. I knew a few people would have questions for me about it, and they did. But I ignored a lot of others, because my heart really wasn't into answering questions about what in the report made me mad. Instead, I was thinking about the sermon I was to give last night at First Covenant, for Maundy Thursday. 

So, I set the Mueller Report aside and read about the Last Supper. 

We don't always read what we are supposed to read, or what people might expect us to read. Scholars sometimes read comic books, and prisoners read treatises. 

Let's haiku about what we really read... here, I will go first:

I am holding the 
Arts section of the Times, 'cause
The crossword's inside.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula and have some fun!


Comments:
Paper is seldom
in my hands these days. Mostly
I am reading screens.

 
Formed a new book club
Victor Hugo's "Notre Dame de
Paris", our first read
 
A Bildungsroman,
Curious incident of
dog in the night-time.
 
[Dear Medievalist, "Curious Incident" is so good!]

I can't bear to leave
"Kristin Lavransdatter," so
I reread it all
 
I love the fell of
A book in my hands, but not
Magazines so much.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#