Friday, April 12, 2019

 

Haiku Friday: Memorable people



Don't ask me why, but I spent a chunk of time yesterday watching videos of Sonny Elliot, who was a TV and radio weatherman in Detroit when I was a kid. I'm not sure he knew anything about meteorology, but he put on quite a show!

We all have people in our past-- those we knew in person, or those we knew remotely-- who were truly memorable. Let's haiku about them this week!

Here, I will go first:

Warmer and rainy
"That makes it 'Wainy!'" he'd say
And then I would laugh.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula, and have some fun!

Comments:
His signature close:
“MAAARR-vin Zindler, EYE. WIT. NESS.
NEWS.” I miss it still.

#abc13houston

 
He always signed off:
Good night Mrs. Calabash
Wherever you are.
 
Gravel voice Johnny Most
Always over-the-top homer
Celtics radio host

 
Barry ZeeVan the
Extremely weird weatherman
Who was always wrong.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#