Sunday, March 24, 2019

 

Sunday Reflection: Imperfect


One of my oldest friends (53 years or so) is Jeffery Plansker, and I had a great time visiting with him out in Pasadena a few days ago. He has saved some remarkable artifacts of our young lives, and one of them was the image above: an ad for my dad from the 1960's or 70's.

My favorite part of it is the reference to him being "hard-driving" that comes with an asterisk, which in turn offers the disclaimer: "Some days more, some days less." 

Well, yeah, of course! We are all imperfect. I have some good classes, and some where I walk out thinking of things I should have done differently. But in the end I get things out there, an dhopefully I get better the next time. I'll never be perfect, but I hope to get better.

For reasons I will fully explain later, this will be a very important week. I would like to do my tasks perfectly, but I won't. I have an important goal, but I might not attain it. But I will try my best.

Jesus was very clear about something: we are to judge ourselves, not others. Yet, I know so many people who do the opposite. Part of it might be the fear of revealing themselves to be imperfect. And the first step to following Jesus might be to allow him to be the perfect one.

Comments:
The phrase "hard driving"maybe referred to my having a hard time getting into my car, leaving home and going to work.
Dhopefully was a clever way of illustrating your point. We are are all dopefull and hopefull.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#