Saturday, March 02, 2019

 

Something I would like you to read


I've written a lot of academic articles over the years-- over 30 now-- and of all the ones I have written without a co-author, I think this is the most important. It sums up what I think is important about clemency, and how it should continue to be important.  It is titled "Clemency as the Soul of the Constitution," and you can read it here. It appears in the most recent issue of the Journal of Law and Politics.

If nothing else, it is unique in that it cites to four plays by Shakespeare, the Joker's role in The Dark Knight, Gerald Ford's football career, Henry VIII, and Harry Potter. Let me know what you think!

Comments:
"Washington was a soldier who was thrust into matters of law; Lincoln was a lawyer who was forced to confront the realities of war. "--That's a great sentence.

Also, a nice summary at the beginning of part III. I liked all your examples from literature and pop culture, to make all of this a little easier for mortals to understand. I didn't know Hamilton was such a big proponent, but it make sense.


 
Thanks, Megan! It means a lot, coming from a writer like you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#