Tuesday, January 15, 2019

 

You won! Now you get every kind of burger...



Last night at the White House, President Trump hosted the Clemson Tigers football team, who just won the national championship over Alabama. That's an old and good tradition.

Things did get a little weird, though. It appears that instead of setting out the usual spread or calling over to his hotel a few blocks away, Trump sent out for, basically, every kind of fast-food hamburger and a few pizzas. It seems to have something to do with the government shutdown, but that is a little murky.

Apparently, Trump thought that cold hamburgers are what football players eat. "I think we're going to serve McDonald's, Wendy's, & Burger King, with some pizza. I would think that's their favorite food," Trump said before the event. My own hunch is that elite athletes probably pay some attention to nutrition at least some of the time, but that's a guess.

In fairness, if you look closely I think there is a tray of salads in plastic clamshells on the table, too. And Trump reported that he paid for the spread himself, so that's good.

Still... probably another first for the White House.







Comments:
Son: "Wow, Dad, when you were in college you were invited to the White House for dinner?"

Father: "Yes, Son, I was."

Son: "Did you get to see presidential portraits?"

Father: "Yes."

Son: "Amazing! Did you get to see the West Wing?"

Father: "Yes, I did."

Son: "So cool! Did you meet the president?"

Father: "I did. It was something."

Son: "I can't believe it! I bet they treated you to an amazing meal--what did you have, I'm going to tell all of my friends at school!"

Father: "Wendy's. We had Wendy's"

Son: "...Oh. ...Neat. ...I'm going to go play video games now."

-Clemson player and son in 10 years, probably
 
Good Lord, that man is certifiable. How insulting and weird . . .
 
It's hamberder to you...

And I think I saw some salads on the table. Probably Melania's contribution to the meal.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#