Monday, January 14, 2019

 

Haiku on brothers



Wow! I like what people did with this one.

The Spanish Medievalist offered this:

Somos hermanos,
Pepe y yo, gemelos de
Distintas madres.

Which, according to the online translator I used, comes out in English this way:

Sleeping brother
Pees on your gemstones
Disinfecting them.

Meanwhile, we had this offering from Susan Stabile, which made me want fresh fruit:

My only brother
loves Harry and David pears.
So I send him some.

And Jill Scoggins sent this, which is either about a brother in Puerto Rico or Public Relations:

My P.R. brother 
from another mother. We
clicked at first phone call.

My favorite was the most poignant, from Megan Willome:

I don't even know
who you are anymore. But
you are my brother.






Comments:
Loved your translation—very accurate! Better than the original. You have a hidden superpower.
 
Thanks, Mark.
 
Medievalist: I just used the internet thingee. It is always accurate, I assume.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#