Thursday, January 31, 2019

 

Haiku Friday: February

It's the shortest month, and in some ways the cruelest. I always felt a little cursed because of my February birthday-- in Michigan, it came in the middle of gray, sad slush season, when winter lingered too long. 

But there can be beauty in it, too, of course. Either way, let's haiku about February this week. Here, I will go first:

My mom saved the day
With an ice cream cake and love
Went to bed happy.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula, and have some fun!


Comments:
Right in the middle,
We celebrate our love
with hearts and flowers.
 
February made
me shiver; with ev'ry paper
I delivered. Bad.
 
Mom says:

It was a good year
when the ice rink stayed frozen
until Mark's birthday

 
Dark, cold, ice, and snow,
Frozen air bites at my nose,
Only four weeks long.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#