Sunday, December 02, 2018

 

Sunday Reflection: Advent arrives

Of all the liturgical seasons, Advent is singular. I love the quietness of it-- if we allow it-- and the gentle moments it allows. 

This year, there is something different, too. I have been, like many people, disappointed by what I see in Christianity. Publicly, we are awash of Christian embrace of the deeply problematic Donald Trump, a continuing sex scandal in the Catholic church which makes it imperative for the church to make changes it resists, and the numbers of my fellow-believers continue to fall.

It is a good time for quiet reflection, isn't it?

And those who know me know that for me, quiet reflection is not a permanent state. It precedes and inspires action. That is the cycle we saw in Christ's story, wasn't it? Withdrawal and reflection followed by engagement and action.

And both are important.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#