Friday, November 16, 2018

 

Haiku Friday: In Snow




It snowed yesterday in DC. I know this because IPLawGuy sent me this photo of his house and a short note saying "Bully on this weather! I have discovered a new cocktail of my own invention that I am calling 'Wintry Mix.' It is equal parts snow, Tony Chachere's boot seasoning, bourbon, and stolen rum. Oh, and do you still have that brace of pistols? Something happened with that one guy and the situation I told you about, and this snow has given me an idea." 

Whether you are a small child or a seasoned intellectual property lawyer bent on revenge, the arrival of the first snow is an adventure. Let's haiku this week about that first snow: What you do in it, what it looks like, etc.

[Note to Texans: You can fake it, or write about that one time you went to Colorado or that day when the rain in Houston seemed especially cold]

Here, I will go first:

I would watch one flake
Drift lazily downward, and
Catch it in my hand.

Ephemera, that
It lasted but a second
One moment of joy.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern and have some fun!

Comments:
Snow came too early.
Need hard cold first for good ice.
Pickups should take care!

(Advice for all my fellow ice fishermen out there. Watch the news for idiots in 2018 trucks going through the ice because it “looked safe.” Snow insulates and makes poor ice conditions underneath.)
 
Walked to class on grass
next morn two feet deep on ground
Feb 67.
 
Gavin-- it's a universal idiocy!

In Michigan, too
At the foot of Provencal
Cars went through yearly.
 
Teeth chatter, bones ache.
Wintry torrent sears, cuts, bites.
Forty-two degrees.
 
Here is what I want:
IPLawGuy's big mansion!
It may be haunted.
 
Big Tim,

It is! Or maybe the squeaky noise is the furniture Prof Osler tried to fix
 
Can't get enough snow
Women in my life? Not so!
They all hated cold
 
Not a fan of snow
Some have called me a snowflake
Label I embrace

*****

The sky a steel gray
Humidity rises while
temps fall; perfect clime...

 
There is no snow in
Waco, Texas where the sun
Burns like a nova.

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#