Friday, October 26, 2018

 

Haiku Friday: Secret Talent


Everyone I know seems to have a secret talent of some kind. For example, people don't know this, but IPLawGuy makes homeopathic medicines in a shed behind his house, and my dad used to tan leather in the basement (at least I think that is what he was doing).  So let's haiku about our secret talents this week!

Here, I will go first:

People don't know this
But I'm a pretty good shot
Not a skill I use.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun!


Comments:
People don't know it
But in a pinch, I have this:
I can bake a cake.
 
People don’t know this
But I often write haiku
Helps to flex my brain.

 
Actually, I knew.
 
Singing I can do.
Not so much guitar playing.
But I will get it!

Country-western songs
Played in a honky-tonk bar
Make me laugh and cry.
 
Mixed feelings about
driving; folks surprised I can
parallel park great.


 
Evidence to date
Indicates a special knack
For amassing debt.
 
Middle-aged Texas
women do crafts. Mine? Beaded
Christmas ornaments.
 
I’m a bread maker,
Kneading that dough like a pro,
Fresh brown loaves I make.
 
Since books come from trees
I am constructing book trees
Oh so many books

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#