Tuesday, August 28, 2018

 

The Start of the Year


Yesterday was my first day of class, and it was great.

This semester, I am teaching my clinic and a lecture class on sentencing. I love them both, and have a great batch of students.  A few observations:

-- With each year, I become more grateful for this job, and the place I get to do it.

-- For some reason, I end up with a lot of students in my classes from South Dakota (see above), but not that many from North Dakota (notable exception: Razor haiku legend Gavin).

-- Every year, I get assigned to have class in one room and move it to another. I'm picky that way.

-- For some reason, I'm always a little surprised that the new year is starting up again. I mean.. it's on the calendar and all, but it still sneaks up on me.

-- I find that classes are both a great respite from, and a productive way to engage with, the news cycle.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#