Saturday, August 11, 2018

 

Poem Three

While I was away at the island I wrote some poems. I'm sharing a few here.

The Song Remains the Same

The song remains the same
Because we stopped, sometime,
Doing that
Kids with guitars
In a garage 
At night.

My brother played drums
So there were bands in our basement
Vans in the driveway
Music, noise, music.

The songs we all had in common
That told us who we were
That we were there
That we were together...
It's not like that now;
There is a thing like that, yes:
His name is Harry Potter,
And we all
We all
Are Hufflepuffs.





Comments:
I'm married to a Hufflepuff, and my best friend is one too. I'm intrigued at the reference.
 
I am definitely a Hufflepuff-- I discussed that in a prior post. But, since Hufflepuff is Misc., it is a reference to that...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#