Sunday, April 08, 2018

 

Sunday Reflection: Spring is Unsprung


Here in Minnesota, winter is still hanging around. Yesterday the temperature was in the teens, and the ground is still covered with snow. Next to my driveway are two huge mounds, still taller than I am. 

As Easter approached, it seemed like Christmas was coming. And now Easter is past (and it wasn't even an early Easter) and it seems like it is yet to come. There is something, I guess, to that holiday serving a primitive function for us, marking the break between winter and the coming summer. When it doesn't, something seems wrong.

And yet, here we are. Last year, I was happily riding my bike to work in late March, and yet this year it would be just as believable to ski to work on any given day.  

But... this is my complaint in life? Really? Sheesh. If my biggest problem is something that will be solved through patience and the movement of the Earth around the sun, things are pretty good. And they are.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#