Friday, March 30, 2018

 

Haiku Friday: Games

So... it is kind of mud season here, which means it's not warm enough yet to do much outside, but too warm to ski and skate. Which makes it a good time to drag out Monopoly or Scrabble or Battleship. I love board games, though I have mixed results.

Let's haiku about that this week! Here, I will go first:

Love to play Boggle
Looking for patterns and words
But oh, the racket!

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable count, and have some fun!


Comments:
Quiddler, a make words
card game found on Amazon
hours of fun learning.
 
Spent whole day playing
Loteria. I spoke no
Spanish; no matter.

At age eleven,
No need for common language.
Just enjoyed THE GAME.

Taught me that we are
All the same, all God’s children,
All can just HAVE FUN.

That lesson taught in
Nuevo Laredo has
Lasted a lifetime.

 
I love most board games,
but not chess. I suck at chess.
Toddlers checkmate me.
 
Battleship is evil
It invites so much cheating
Big brother tactics!
 
Sorry, young nephew.
No more Chutes and Ladders please.
Besides, um, you cheat!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#