Friday, January 19, 2018

 

Haiku Friday: Your gentle addiction


I am a little wiped out from reading about bad addictions, particularly to opioids. Yikes-- bad, bad stuff.  

But what of gentle addictions? To the morning paper, or swimming, or maybe Lance snack cakes ("Don't go round hungry!"). Let's downshift a little and haiku about that this week. Here, I will go first:

One cookie a day
But... chocolate chip goodness
Makes me quite smiley.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula and have some fun!


Comments:
Is it the caffeine?
Is it the comforting warmth?
I need coffee now!
 
Tea in the morning
Tea in the noontime and Tea
when the sun goes down
 
Java, black, bitter,
Hot or cold my ritual,
Gotta have, coffee.
 
Morning Espresso
funny paper and edits
scan sports section

Great day in morning
if only the rest of day
were anywhere as nice!
 
Morning without juice,
Like a day without sunshine.
So true, Anita.
 
Lie in warm water
My mind springs toward freedom
(The bathroom door locks).
 
Hmm it appears like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any suggestions for inexperienced blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate it. shaving kit
 

Crunchy salty nuts,
Costco sized container will
Vanish in a week
 
I am addicted
to breathing in breathing out
and Oslers Razor
 
Pizza, you call me.
Your hot, cheesy siren song
I cannot resist.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#