Sunday, December 03, 2017

 

Sunday Reflection: So, Advent...



Of the whole year (well, the liturgical year), Lent and Advent are the deepest for me. Sure, Christmas and Easter have their charms, but I guess I am a sucker for anticipation.

This year will be a little different. I have been more still over the past several months, since I have been holed up writing. My reflection, though, has been focused on that work, and now I have the challenge of pulling out of it and thinking more broadly.

It is a time, too, when I really do need the Christ child to come. It has been a difficult and challenging year spiritually-- not due to the failure of God, but the failures of men (including myself, as always). I need to prepare for joy. I guess Advent is coming at just the right time...

Comments:
Thank you for sharing this song.

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#