Saturday, November 04, 2017

 

The Lost Song

Do you ever have a song that just kind of haunts your brain, where you can remember snippets of it but never the whole thing? I've had that going on for about two years, and it was driving me nuts. I'd remember a little line from it, or the tune might run through my head, but I could never remember the  title or the group.

Then it popped back to me recently. Here is the song:



It's a good song, actually. The band, General Public, was a mash-up of people from other well-known bands. The two singers were from the English Beat, the guitarist was from The Clash, and the bass player came from Specials. The keyboard player and the drummer were previously in Dexy's Midnight Runners, who you might remember from this song:



Yeesh, those overalls... but it was the 80's. You should see the stuff I wore then!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#