Monday, November 13, 2017

 

The London Game

Look, I have known Christine a long time. A looooong time. Like, nearly half a century.  When we moved in down the street from her family, cars did not have seat belts. People on my street had party line phones (where you share a phone number with your neighbors). It was so long ago that color TV was still a big deal.

Anyways, her haiku last week has me stumped:

Played with Pammie J
In her backyard one summer
The London Game.

I know who Pammie J is. But I have no idea whatsoever what "The London Game" might be...

Comments:
Surprised to see this game is still in existence.

"The classic board game, The London Game, is also known as The London Underground Game and it is based on a virtual journey around the London Tube. You need to find a strategy to get to certain places as fast as possible and, if possible, at the same time to prevent your rivals from getting to their destinations."

I only wonder if they have added Tube stops as the underground system expanded. I liked the game so much my Mom brought one back for me on a trip to London.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#