Sunday, November 19, 2017

 

Sunday Reflection: Pray with me

My dad is going in for surgery this Wednesday. It's just a "routine" hip replacement, that would be a lot more routine if last time they did tried he hadn't pretty much died and had to be resuscitated. (He described that a little here on his blog:

This past week I seemingly experienced the completion of my life cycle and then was given a chance to start a new one. I don”t know why.

I was scheduled to have hip replacement surgery this past Wednesday. Unfortunately I went into anaphylactic shock and my body shut down completely. I was aware that life was passing out of me. Through a ton of good luck and good emergency medical help my heart and lungs were revived after five minutes, and I miraculously survived. 

Those of you who know me well know that I am not big on public prayer. I take Jesus at his word that maybe it is best done in a closet, to avoid the temptation of doing it for show. There is a good reason I don't get invited to a lot of prayer breakfasts.

There is a time to pray, though. And this is one of them.

Comments:
Mark, certainly our family will be praying for your Dad. I remember talking with him back in GP during your baseball-playing days, and recall his kindness to me when I was a teenage coach. May he be in Christ's care during his surgery and recovery.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#