Friday, November 24, 2017

 

Haiku Friday: The Things We Ate


I am a traditionalist when it comes to Thanksgiving dinner, but I know that not everyone is. Whether it be turkey or pasta, I hope you ate with gusto and love yesterday.

For me, Thanksgiving is marked not just by the food but by the drinks. When I was a kid there wasn't room in the fridge for everything, and one of my jobs would be to take things out and bring them back: tall bottles of wine, jugs of cider, cans of soda, and squat bottles of beer. I loved dashing from the warm and loud house out into the cold and still night and back.

Let's haiku about what we ate and drank, yesterday and in the past. Here, I will go first.

The labels, magic:
Gigondas, Vacqueyras, Graves;
All so far away.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun!


Comments:
Iced tea at dinner,
then: "Do you have any wine?"
Becker chardonnay
 
I really wonder
Does the Medievalist eat
Turkey day tapas?
 
Wine of victory
Tastes so sweet on joyful lips
Vikes beat the Lions.

 
Perfect, smoked duck
Swiss cognac, pinot noir
cranberries abound
 
Red blend “quietly”
aged in bourbon barrels. Makes
this Louvillian smile.
 
Some beer spit through teeth
at a gloating football fan
called Anonymous
 
Surgery success
Drink the stars to celebrate
Grateful family.
 
Crepe in hand she stares
at Eiffel's glowing tower.
I watch her and smile.

 
Turkey day tapas
Would be interesting if
I liked Turkey.
 
Turkey tapas would
Be a thing if a turkey
Had some taste at all.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#