Friday, November 17, 2017

 

Haiku Friday: Giving thanks


I love this time of year, and the holiday we get next week. Thanksgiving. The name says it all, huh? So, let's give thanks haiku-style today (and maybe again next week-- if you are like me, you owe a lot of folks some thanks).

Here, I will go first:

Old friends, still are there
The years add luster and warmth
Thanks for then and now.

[that is Craig A in the upper right corner; I am in the second row, second from the left]

 Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula, and have some fun!


Comments:
Some days, a good meal
Is so much, a true treasure
Thank you, loving hands.
 
They are new-but-like-
old friends who have enveloped
me deep in their hearts.

 
I am thankful for
a sister who remembers
the good in others
 
Breaking the routine,
Stopping by woods, snowy night,
Peace be on my soul.

 
I am so thankful.
For what has been, what is now,
And what will soon be.
 
We walk the mountain
Under a beautiful sky
Silence and Nature
 
from Aunty B

Friends get together
Reunion sixty-seven
We'll give thanks all 'round.

Thanks because we are
Still alive at eighty-five
Friends forever more.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#