Saturday, September 16, 2017

 

The Bad Wednesday



Wednesday was supposed to be pretty fun. I was headed back to Detroit for the Detroit Homecoming, a pretty awesome event that gathers Detroit expatriates. You can read about it here.

That same morning, my dad was going in for a hip replacement. Lots of people have that done, and it is fairly routine. Except, this one wasn't. During the pre-op, something went wrong. His breathing stopped. Then his heart stopped. They did CPR and revived him, but it was... close.

He is better. He is home. And I am so glad. This afternoon, we will sit in the back yard of their house, and laugh. So, if you are inclined, say a prayer of thanks. I know I will.

Comments:
I am not inclined to pray, but I love your Dad so much and will say some prayers this morning. I take it they didn't replace his hip on Wednesday? Please give them hugs on my behalf.
 
Oh, Mark. I'm so glad he's okay.
 
Xo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#