Sunday, September 17, 2017

 

Sunday reflection: Gratitude


This morning I get to give the sermon at First Covenant in Minneapolis (please come-- we start at 9:30). I hope that I won't be overcome with emotion, with gratitude.

Yesterday afternoon, I sat in my parents' backyard under the big tree around a round table on a rickety chair. My Mom and dad and my brother were there. We ate pizza and salad and drank a red wine that my brother had brought, from a vineyard in Gigondas that my parents knew.  I had stopped at the market and bought little tarts, lemon and pecan. We talked and laughed-- especially my mom-- and took in what might be the last day of summer. The light moved and faded as the afternoon turned to evening.  The picture above is from yesterday.

It was normal. It was extraordinary. It was a gift, and I know that, and am grateful. My heart is full.

Comments:
It's those little moments, especially around meals, that we remember.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#