Tuesday, September 19, 2017

 

My Dad's own words...


On his own blog, my Dad reflected yesterday on the week gone by:

The life cycle of something is the series of developments that take place in it from its beginning until the end of its usefulness or its death.

This past week I seemingly experienced the completion of my life cycle and then was given a chance to start a new one. I don”t know why.

I was scheduled to have hip replacement surgery this past Wednesday. Unfortunately I went into anaphylactic shock and my body shut down completely. I was aware that life was passing out of me. Through a ton of good luck and good emergency medical help my heart and lungs were revived after five minutes, and I miraculously survived. Except for the pain from the pounding that I took during CPR, there will be no lasting damage.


It will take me a while to get a handle on what I am supposed to do with my life now. I will be slowing down a bit while I try to process what happened to me this week.

You can-- and you should!-- read the whole thing here.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#