Monday, September 18, 2017

 

Driving notes from all over!

You know what I really loved about the haiku from last week? They were all from different places (but, it seems, our driving culture has some national characteristics. Here, check it out:

CTL, from Texas:

Not all who wander
Are lost, you say, but must you
Wander at rush hour? 


Gavin, from North Dakota:

Country road. Black ice.
Left. Right. Too far left again.
Round and round they go.

IPLawGuy, from Virginia:

That lady can't drive
But I love her music choice:
Cher singing "Believe!"

Jill Scoggins, from Louisville, Kentucky:

Car lots in The Ville,
feel free to remove blinkers.
Not used at all here.


Christine, from North Carolina:

Open country road
The posted speed 45
I'm in no hurry

Check rearview mirror
Tailgater, seriously?
I flash the hazards.


The Medievalist, from (a different part of) Texas:

You did not signal,
Where in hell are you going?
To meet your maker?

Comments:
Did I type Cher?

I MEANT Wendy O. Williams and the Plasmatics, but that didn't fit.

And "Believe" is short for the song "Put Your Love In Me."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#