Sunday, March 05, 2017

 

Sunday Reflection: The state of a soul in search of hope

The past few years, in a weird way, my work was profoundly connected to the President. Not that we were buddies or anything, but what I did-- push for clemency-- had everything to do with the fact that I knew I was dealing with someone who was humane, intelligent, thoughtful, and funny. I disagreed with him about something fundamental: the best way to implement clemency.

Now we have a different president, and I'm having trouble adjusting. And there something about that feels like a deep cut, a soul hurt. It challenges not only what I do, but how I think and what I hope for. I am ok with a president I respect but disagree with. But I can't respect this president.

I keep trying. Then something like this happens.  I'm struggling, because I don't want to be someone who has given up hope, even for a moment, even about this one thing.

There is a larger world, a galaxy, a universe under God. That I know.

Comments:
I am not sure what is more disturbing: that he is so hard to respect, or that so many people voted for him. I am starting to wonder about this country, and how bad off we are that so many people thought THIS GUY is the answer.
 
I think all of us need others, and God, to hold us up when we lose hope...
I happened to see this from TIME on my daily email from them with '12 stories of the day' that relates to clemency topic, and it gives me some hope:
http://time.com/wrongly-convicted/?xid=newsletter-brief

Peace to all...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#