Thursday, December 01, 2016

 

Update from Washiington


I was in Washington yesterday for the White House Convening on Criminal Justice. The main event was a little bit of a downer; I was looking for some urgency on clemency, and got no sense of it. Loretta Lynch did tell us about three new programs-- to get ID for prisoners being released, improving education in prison, and create standards for halfway houses-- all of which are good and very much needed. Still, I left the building and walked out into the dusk in less than a festive mood.

The rest of the day was great, though. In the morning, I toddled over to the Heritage Foundation and met Paul Larkin for lunch. He is someone who has done some great work exploring clemency reform, and there is a lot of overlap in our views. After the White House event, I met up with Sari Horwitz, who gave me a little tour of the Washington Post. It is a fascinating place, purpose-built for the digital age.

Finally, I met up with IPLawGuy for dinner. Captions welcome for the photo above...


Comments:
OMG … did William and Mary beat Richmond in football?
 
Ha! I like that one...
 
This was after we learned the "True" meaning of "Go Tell Aunt Rhodie"
 
Nice blog! Thanks For Share!
-------------
I'm working at https://fastcare.vn/thay-mat-kinh-man-hinh-sony-xperia-z3/
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#