Wednesday, November 23, 2016

 

Over 1,000 commuttions...

Yesterday, President Obama granted 79 more commutations, bringing the total to over 1,000 (though probably not in response to my article in the Star-Tribune).

It's an important landmark, and something to be glad for this Thanksgiving. I think that we need to incarcerate some people, but that we lock up too many for too long, and this has been a good way to address that problem.

There is a lot more to do, though. I'm not laying out here everything that I have been doing, but there is a lot going on. It is going to be a busy few months.

For now, though, I am going to enjoy this holiday tomorrow, and be thankful. It is my favorite holiday, after all.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#