Tuesday, August 16, 2016

 

Return from Osler Island

Late last week, I got back from my usual sojourn to Osler Island (which is shared with Sleepy Walleye's family). It was my 45th consecutive year going to that remote place. It doesn't have running water or electricity or cell phone service or the internet, but everything you might actually want or need is there. This year, a big tree fell on the outhouse, but we fixed it (you can see the newly-sawn logs in the photo above). I don't mind using a chainsaw (it's so efficient!), but sawing off my own arm is always floating around in my head as a realistic danger. Luckily, that didn't happen.

It's always a challenge coming back. It takes a few days to get used to my usual pace, and I'm not quite there yet... but it will happen.

It's been a good summer.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#