Saturday, February 20, 2016

 

This week in clemency n' stuff

As those who follow the Razor know, I have been trying hard to make the Constitution's Pardon Power a principled tool to reduce the incarceration of those over-sentenced for narcotics.

It's been, at times, a discouraging task.  However, I have some great collaborators and rays of hope now and then. This week I had a few key meetings in Washington and New York, and hope that we can keep the pressure on. There is a lot to hope for, even with the challenges of bureaucracy and delay that we have faced.

On the Supreme Court vacancy created by the death of Justice Scalia, I had a little writing spree which resulted in this piece which appeared Thursday in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, and this one which came out yesterday in the Waco Herald Tribune. It seems that I feel compelled to publish in all my hometown papers, or maybe just those with the word "Tribune" in their title...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#