Sunday, January 24, 2016

 

Sunday Reflection: The Wonder of Transformation


All day yesterday, I kept an eye on the news and messages from friends in the East, where the deluge of snow has been record-setting. For example, here is IPLawGuy, who lives in Washington:




The photos that make me long to be there, though, are the ones showing a normally-bustling place-- a street in New York, or a square in Washington-- still and empty and quiet and white.  I want to put on my long skinny nordic skis and slide through there, gliding where cabs are usually jockying for position.

Don't we all want that? To see a world transformed in some way, made less harsh, quieter, more gentle? 

Comments:
I'm a northern boy, and I love a good snow fall. Snow has a way of slowing the world down, bringing silence where ever it happens to go. Whenever I can, I leave civilization and head to the woods in winter. A forest is a quiet place, but under a fresh blanket of snow, the silence grows. It envelops the forest, it fills the air with an undeniable presence. Everything just feels different in the snow.

Maybe that's why I like snow... I just really love the silence it brings with it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#