Monday, January 11, 2016

 

Street names of the Razor



What happens when you ask people for their street name (in haiku)? Well, a lot of confusion. There was this from MKS:
 
My response is based on my immediate interpretation of "my street name." So you get a 2 part haiku on this chain of thought.

I am so naïve
Haiku the street where I live?
It’s Tuxedo Road.

I read responses.
The light bulb turns on. I am
Blondey Tuxedo. 


Is there really a "Tuxedo Road?" Hmmm. Anyways, there was also this from Christine:

Christy of Fairholm
She held court in Sweeney Park
A fair maiden, not.


I think I remember Sweeney Park... and finally, we have the literalist Medievalist:

So Paul Earl Larson
Lived on St. Paul street for years,
Easy to remember.

Comments:
Is there a Tuxedo Road? Most certainly! Right here on the west end of Lake Minnetonka. That explains it, right?! Tuxedo Blvd in Mound Minnesota - where I actually live, but didn't fit the Haiku 5-7-5 pattern - turns into Tuxedo Road in front of Al & Alma's Restaurant, about a block away
Mary Senneka AKA MKS
 
Ah! I knew that was one in Atlanta, and when I was a kid our telephone exchange in Grosse Pointe was TUxedo (i.e., TU2-4759) in place of 88.
 
That's funny. No one ever accused me of being a literalist before. Feels funny.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#