Friday, January 22, 2016

 

Haiku Friday: The Song That is Stuck in Your Head


Yesterday, I walked out of my criminal law class with a spring in my step.  Not necessarily because of the content of the class-- I got a little obsessed with the Hamburglar, and I'm not the only one:



Anyways, after proving to my students that an analysis of elements shows that the Hamburglar is not a burglar at all, I had Aretha stuck in my head. Aretha singing "I Say a Little Prayer."



That's really not a bad song to have stuck in your head! Believe me, I have had far worse, and so have you. Let's haiku about that this week. Here I will go first:

Aretha, yes please!
Last week was a torture by
Starland Vocal Band.

Now it is your turn… just make it a 5/7/5 syllable count, and have some fun!

Comments:
The song repeated
and repeated in my head
while I swam laps

It is different
each time. The last song I heard
on the radio.

Taylor Swift, Beiber...
I hope it has a good beat
so I will swim fast.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Chainsmokers invade
All I can think of now is
Taking a #SELFIE
 
Pop pop fizz fizz, oh…
GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HEAD!
Pop pop fizz fizz, oh...
 
I don't like music
And we are buried in snow!
DC pleads: Send Snacks.
 
You can't always get
Songs by Barry Manilow
Out of your mind. *sigh*
 
You can't always get
Songs by Barry Manilow
Out of your mind. *sigh*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#