Friday, January 29, 2016

 

Haiku Friday: The House I Grew Up In


Some people grow up in many houses; others in only one. We all have memories, though, of those shelters. We shared them with brothers, sisters, sometimes cousins, parents, grandparents.

Let's haiku about that this week: The house you grew up in.

Here, I will go first:

I loved the milk chute
So long ago, that it was where
The milk was found: Joy!

Now it is your turn! Just make it 5 syllables/7 syllables/5 syllables, and have some fun!


Comments:
It was a silver green
Box on desert farm.Boulders,
Sagebrush preceded it.
 
It was set on blocks
That replaced the wheels, but there
We were together.
 
My Dad Built first one
In Ohio. Still wonder
If we had not left
 
Old Victorian,
You could get lost in the place,
Castle on the hill.
 
It stood by Muse Road.
Who was she this Muse? Or He?
Who fed me with dreams?

The wind crooned to me
through my mother's willow &
White blossom'd Locust.
 
It's basement proved a
Safe Haven to young lovers,still--
Little Brother lurked
 
I love this one. So much is said in so few words.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#