Saturday, January 09, 2016

 

Discipline



The best show I ever saw? That's easy. It was the Ramones, in some hot old warehouse in DC in the middle of August. Hot as hell, packed in tight, and Joey Ramone wore a leather jacket for two and half hours while performing under lights.

Looking back at it (and at the video above) what I find remarkable is how disciplined they were. There is no break between the songs, for the most part-- they count it off and fly into the next one. 

I can't even do that in my lectures! I'm muttering about something, looking down at my notes, fumbling around... it sounds crazy, but this semester I am going to try to be more like the Ramones.

Comments:
I totally get it. More power to you.
 
I'm still mad you didn't tell me you were going to that show.

I saw them twice, and I must agree. Springsteen is like that too. It looks spontaneous, but in reality, its about as scripted as a rocket launch.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#