Monday, December 21, 2015

 

Yeah, I saw Star Wars… and it was awesome


I wasn't one of those people who stayed up all night on Thursday, but I was there on Saturday to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it was great. I am not going to lay out any spoilers, but here are some general thoughts:

1) I have seen all of the Star Wars movies, and this is the first one that doesn't feature at least one terrible actor in a speaking role.  Yay for good acting!

2) The droids are more entertaining in this movie than any of the others. One of them, BB-8, even has a quirk that I share: the habit of looking down at every step before continuing down the stairs.

3) The story was solid. That was one shocking moment, and good character development throughout. The action sequences served the story, not vice versa.

4) As with the other movies, the music was great. That has been a hallmark of the franchise from the beginning.

So, without giving anything away, what did you think?

Comments:
I might just go see this even though I only recently watched the 1st Star Wars movie. The only one I have seen. I understand it stands on its own for those of us who haven't seen all of them.
 
Yep. saw it Sunday. I liked it. My kids (13 and 15 yrs old) watched Episodes IV, V and VI on Saturday. They loved it. Harrison Ford really made it his own. And it occasionally poked fun at itself which was amusing. Looking forward to VIII.
 
OK, I'll say it again. The key scene near the end bummed me out horribly. That character will be sorely missed in the next films. His "attitude" when contrasted with Luke's serious nature was what made the earlier movies great. And since when is Leia sweet and kind?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#