Saturday, November 21, 2015

 

The Game!


Today is the most significant meaningless football game of the year-- Harvard vs. Yale. The game will be played in the 101-year-old Yale Bowl, which at the time it was built was the largest stadium constructed in 2000 years (since the Roman Coliseum).  

Sadly, the game is not quite complete, because Harvard does not have a mascot.  Yale does, of course-- Handsome Dan the Bulldog, pictured above smoking a pipe. I'm not sure a dog should smoke a pipe, but there you go.  He is quite a dashing fellow overall.  

When I was in law school, I went out to the Bowl for a game and mentioned that Dan looked like a squirrel.  He was nearby and came over and hit me on the head.  I still bear the psychic bruise.


Comments:
Harvard doesn't have a mascot? How can they can themselves a proper school?
 
It's a travesty. There are so many possibilities….
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#