Friday, November 20, 2015

 

Haiku Friday: Babysitters!


When I was a kid, my parents hired a girl from down the street to take us to a movie. The plan was that mom would pick us up at the Woods Theater once it was done.

The movie was "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang," which is one of the most horrifying films ever, if you are a kid. That's because there is a character called the "Child Catcher," pictured above, who is apparently employed by the city to round up children and throw him into his van. Sounds pretty bad, huh?

Anyways, after the movie we went out to the street to wait for my mom to pick us up. After a while, the dog catcher pulled up the curb. The babysitter, as a joke, told us it was the kid catcher, there to get us. The joke was a lot less funny when the guy got out of his van and asked us "are you the Osler kids?"

It turned out that my mom's car had broken down (it's kind of a family tradition), and she had asked the police to go pick us up.  I'm still a little traumatized.

Anyways, let's haiku about memorable babysitters, or memorable babysitting experiences of our own. Or, if you want, just go ahead and write about "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang."  Here, I will go first:

I still jump a bit
When I see a man with net
"It's the child catcher!"

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula and have some fun!


Comments:
I was the very worst
Babysitter in the state
Brought my own vodka.
 
Loved my sitter
She was such a good reader
And knew how to cook!
 
Thanksgiving dinner
then Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Nightmares for a week.
 
I still want a car
That can both swim and fly--wow!
It's just what I need.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#