Tuesday, November 03, 2015

 

Blue Bell is Back!


Not that it matters in Minnesota, but the Waco Tribune Herald tells me that Blue Bell ice cream is back in stores down in the Lone Star State. It had gone missing for months due to a listeria outbreak that contaminated their equipment-- three people died as a result.

People from other places are probably thinking "Big whoop! Don't they have other kinds of ice cream down there? The answer is "not really." There is a remarkable devotion to Blue Bell, at least in Central Texas.

When I lived there, I ate a lot of Blue Bell, and even visited the plant in Brenham where most of it is made.  In the end, I thought it was great, but I wondered at times if it really was great or two things produced that effect: everyone saying it was great, and not comparing it with other products. After all, it is ice cream, and how can you mess that up?



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#