Friday, October 16, 2015

 

Haiku Friday: Homecoming!


One of the great parts of fall is the advent of Homecoming at high schools and colleges. Baylor has theirs next weekend, featuring a game with Hapless Iowa State (as I understand it, the name of the University has been officially changed).

The things that go with homecoming-- football, parades, dances, and reunions-- are all the stuff of memories, making it a good topic for Haiku Friday.

Here, I will go first:

My date's purple dress
Was a 70's classic, like…
Florence Henderson!

Now it is your turn! Just make it 5 syllables/7 syllables/5 syllables, and have some fun!

Comments:
I love parades
Especially disasters
Doesn't everyone?
 
It's fall in Fargo
Tailgate, bring your warm clothes
"kegs and eggs" at 7!
 
Yikes! Ohio State
Crushing us 56-0
Our side chants, "Go clock!"
 
Mums big as your head.
No wait! They’re even bigger!
Texas homecomings.

 
Made her a small mum
That was a quite large mistake!
Mum size is love size.
 
I march in the band,
Uniforms, music, hoopla,
Star-Spangled Banner.




 
His eyes soft,brown...skin
Pizza.My hair sculpture lacquered curls,
Silver glitter mini.


He was quiet shy
I chattered brookishly
There was a big game?!!






 
Parades and Football
Pom Poms, Alum return home
Making memories
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#