Saturday, October 10, 2015

 

Come to Church!


On Sunday at 9:30, I'll be giving the sermon at First Covenant Church here in Minneapolis-- details here.  It's going to be interesting (I hope); the text is from Acts 24 & 26, as Paul advocates for his faith and "The Way" before the representatives of Rome.

Also, tomorrow I will have a piece in the Waco Tribune Herald on the Twin Peaks biker cases… a subject of great interest there! I'm sure I will manage to make some people mad, at least.

And tonight I'll be out at United Seminary for a discussion with Randall Balmer. It's a busy weekend!

Comments:
Just read your piece in the Waco Tribune, and am not sure why you thought it would make some folks mad. I thought you explained "the lay of the land" very well, fairly, and in terms the public will have understood. The event has been of such public interest in Central Texas, I would think that anyone who might have been unsettled by it would have submitted a comment to the paper by the time I read the article a few minutes ago. That there have been no comments suggests to me that your piece was well received.

Congratulations.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#