Monday, October 12, 2015

 

A weekend of beauty and haiku





Pictured here is the remarkable Bigelow Chapel at United Seminary, where on Saturday night I got to offer a response to Randall Balmer's talk on politics and civil discourse, at the kind invitation of Colonial Church's Daniel Harrell.  It was a wonderful night. Then on Sunday I was fortunate to give the sermon at First Covenant Church of Minneapolis, at the invitation of Dan Collison. The same day, my take on the Twin Peaks case came out in the Waco Tribune Herald.

Now I am wiped out! 

Part of the weekend, of course, is always enjoying the haiku stylings of you all.  This week I was most in love with this anonymous offering:

"Meow" says kitty
channeling my inner self:
aloof as I lounge.

Though I also loved the truthfulness of the Medievalist's work:

In Minnesota
One has to wear a snowsuit
To be a pirate.

What a weekend!


Comments:
My haiku was based on frozen night in 1970 when I went to exactly three houses before giving up. The snow was thick, the wind cold, and I was frozen. Terrible.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#