Tuesday, September 08, 2015

 

In Kentucky...


Today, I am at the University of Kentucky, giving a public lecture at 7:30 in the main library's auditorium.  See the details here.  I hope it goes better than last time (see above).

Many times, I drove between Waco and Detroit, and often this was an in-between place to stop. The land around Lexington is strikingly pretty, and there was always a part of me that wanted to stop and stay for a while.  Now I get to do that, then get back in time to teach sentencing!

It's a busy month. Next week I will be in New Orleans to speak at the US Sentencing Commission's Annual Conference, and the week after that I'll first be heading to Nebraska to speak to the defenders there, then back to Minneapolis to debate the estimable and Hon. Richard Sullivan (SDNY) on narcotics policy at St. Thomas on Sept. 25.  Here's the rub: there are four different topics for these four talks-- death penalty, clemency, defense strategies, and narcotics policy.  Whew! It will get my mind revving for the new semester...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#