Friday, September 11, 2015

 

Haiku Friday: Signs of Fall


Fall is a delicious season in Minnesota. It is ripe and whole and perfect. There is the coming of winter, the inevitable snows, put off for this time of beautiful sunsets and crisp air. Apples spring forth, and tonight I heard the sound of a marching band nearby (and had to go investigate).  

Let's haiku today about the signs of fall, wherever you are.  I will go first:

The drumline calls out
To the squash and shorter days
I savor it all.

Now it is your turn! Just slap it into the comments section below, using the 5/7/5 syllable count. (and no, I did not pick this subject just to make the Medievalist feel homesick…).


Comments:
Ohio Autumn
young woman Sunday Morning
stole my heart away.


 
Pumpkin Spice Latte,
Your siren call sounds loudly
I respond apace.
 
Fall? Still summer here
Won't get cold till November
Love snow, but can wait
 
Texas has no fall,
Only two seasons here: hot
and a lbit less hot.

(Saddest Haiku I've ever written.)
 

*and a bit less hot
 
My favorite time
Leaves shimmering in color
Air crisp, sweaters on
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#