Monday, August 31, 2015

 

Maybe the best haiku day here ever….

Wow! I was blown away by what people came up with on last week's theme of "art."  All of it was great.

First, my dad submitted this:

I think that art is
all those things that you can not
hire someone to do
He had mentioned that theory to me before, and I am intrigued.  Then there was this, from an anonymous poster:
Art, much like love, defies
rubrics and rules and logic.
Whispers soul to soul.
Art and love! I like that.  And this:
Art is like prayer
You stir the soup, sing the note
and the world is changed.
And this, by Bob, which has been rolling around in my head for the past few days:
As children, we all drew,
Once, we were all great artists
Then something happened.

Someone said something:
A teacher, parent or friend
Stung, we quit drawing

Perhaps great artists
Are those who were never told,
"That's not very good."

Or perhaps, artists
Are those who heard those words and
Kept drawing anyway.
As usual, the Medievalist had an excellent entry:
Night sky at sunset,
Words tumble across the white page,
Contemplating art.
As did Christine:
Nature presents art
in a way my eyes can see
Miraculous joy
Thanks for all the great work!

Comments:
Thanks for the chance to call out our inner artists!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#