Friday, August 28, 2015

 

Haiku Friday: Art?

What is art?

My dad has had various theories about that over the years, so I have given it some thought.  My favorite definition was found in a Guindon cartoon, which showed a guy with a bad clown painting.  The painter says "It's art. I used art supplies."

Let's haiku on that this week, or art in general if you prefer.

Here, I will go first:

Just some junk I found
In a clearing by the house
In just the right light….

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 formula for syllables, and have some fun!

Comments:
I think that art is
all those things that you can not
hire someone to do

 
Art, much like love, defies
rubrics and rules and logic.
Whispers soul to soul.
 
Art is like prayer
You stir the soup, sing the note
and the world is changed.
 
As children, we all drew,
Once, we were all great artists
Then something happened.

Someone said something:
A teacher, parent or friend
Stung, we quit drawing

Perhaps great artists
Are those who were never told,
"That's not very good."

Or perhaps, artists
Are those who heard those words and
Kept drawing anyway.

Bob
 
Night sky at sunset,
Words tumble across the white page,
Contemplating art.
 
Nature presents art
in a way my eyes can see
Miraculous joy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#