Wednesday, August 05, 2015

 

Coming Up In Cleveland!


Hey, I am back from the wilderness! It was another great week up at the Island, but now it is back to business.

As you may know, the first big televised presidential debate is tomorrow, in Cleveland. To prime the pump a little, Rachel Barkow and I placed a piece in last Sunday's Cleveland Plain Dealer, titled Let's Hear From the Presidential Candidates on Clemency Reform. I like having the piece in that paper in that place right before this debate.

I was also very glad to see that John Kasich of Ohio made the field for the debate (as only the top ten candidates get to take the stage). I think he adds a very interesting perspective to the mix. 


Comments:
Of the entire field, Kasich is one of two that I could tolerate as president. I spent most of the first half of my life in Ohio, and a little of the second half, and I follow Ohio politics. There are things Kasich has done with which I have serious disagreement, but he seems at least sane on issues like immigration and criminal justice, where few of the others are.
 
Kasich is also facing reality on Obamacare. Which may hurt his chances to get the nomination. His opportunity to win will come if the "establishment" turns on Jeb Bush.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#