Tuesday, August 11, 2015

 

Ack! What happened to summer?


Where does it go?

Probably because it is so fleeting, Minnesotans really appreciate summer. They are out there doing stuff-- fishing, swimming, biking around the lakes-- while they have the chance.

The plants are the same way. With a short growing season, they spring from the earth and grow fast. Blooms erupt in waves, like fireworks.

I love this picture, of my brother walking in the woods, that I took last week. It has a light to it that says summer, and the palette of greens is just right for August.

One of the things that I never got used to in Texas was the "summer weather" in October or January or February-- these times that in my mind were set aside for other moods.

Of course, there are people who like it warm all (or most) of the time, and I get that… no ice to slip on or snow to mess up your drive. But, for me, to every thing there is a season.

Comments:
I love this picture. It looks like he is floating in the trees.
 
I see articles about the joy of summer and all I can ever think of is Jagger/Richards: "Summer's Here and the time is right for Fighting in the Streets."

That's what I get for being a cynical child of the 60's and 70's.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#