Sunday, June 14, 2015

 

Sunday Reflection: Light




I grew up paying attention to light. When I see a moment with great light, I have been trained to reach for my camera and save that moment. 

 The color of those tomatoes is beautiful, yes, but color is nothing without light. In fact, light can create beauty even in the absence of color:


I took both of these pictures on a very hard day, when my family was in mourning. In fact, the tomatoes were resting only a few yards from that milk chute. I remember looking at these two images in my camera that sad day and thinking "no wonder God is often perceived as light." Even when color is gone, the light will still be there, whether or not we choose to see it.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#